Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Barking Frog

Last week K and I went to Molbak's in Woodinville and I mentioned that I had been wanting to try out Barking Frog so on Friday K suggested we go there. The Barking Frog is located in Woodinville across from Redhook Brewery and next door to Herb Farm. Their website lists them as being a casual bistro, however, I think anyplace where the wait staff refolds your napkin for you after you've stepped away from the table can't call themselves casual with any degree of seriousness. I guess it's all relative though, they are situated next door to Herb Farm after all.
I have to say this was the best meal I've had in the Seattle area. The service was impeccable, the food beautifully presented and cooked perfectly. I had the the rack of lamb served with lamb hash, creamy polenta and a demi glace that I had every last drop of. The polenta was the perfect vehicle for soaking up the lamb juices and demi. K had the chicken with sage gnocchi, carrots and brown butter sauce. K liked it enough to say that he would go back and order the same thing again.

No comments: