Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Pike Place Market CSA Basket

I'm still trying to finish up my San Francisco food details, but thought I'd post quickly about the Pike Place Market CSA Basket since they're offering a discount on orders placed before April 15th ($535 for 20 weeks before tax day or $600 after) The CSA basket is an organic produce basket that is delivered weekly, June through October, to Pike Place Market or a number of other drop off spots around the city. Luckily my company is on the list of places they deliver to. I subscribed last year and since deliveries stopped last October, I've been missing the straight from the farm vegetables that arrived still smelling of the soil they came from. The great thing about CSA is that they only work with Washington farmers so food doesn't have to travel far. The salad mix was good enough to eat without any dressing and the potatoes arrived smelling earthy and sweet. There were often sweet surprises in the basket too, like jars of honey or baskets of blueberries harvested that morning.

No comments: